Tool for applying the margin scheme to a property sale
The ATO is recommending that taxpayers use their recently updated GST property decision tool to work out if GST applies to their property sales.
The tool can be used to determine GST on the sale, lease or purchase of real property, and was recently updated for easier use on mobile devices.
In particular, after providing the relevant information, the tool will generate a GST decision that:
- advises whether GST is payable on a sale;
- estimates the amount of GST payable when applying the margin scheme; and
- advises whether the taxpayer is eligible to claim input tax credits.
Note that the ATO does not record any personal information and users will remain anonymous.
Click here to access the GST property decision tool.
- Accounting (20)
- ASIC (2)
- ATO update (291)
- Business (107)
- Corporate (19)
- Division 7A (7)
- COVID-19 (42)
- Disaster Relief (6)
- Federal Election (1)
- Finance (15)
- Cryptocurrency (6)
- Foreign/off-shore issues (15)
- GAP Office Update (1)
- Industry (25)
- JobKeeper (23)
- LCT (1)
- Single Touch Payroll (12)
- Superannuation (88)
- Superannuation Guarantee (7)
- Taxation (208)
- Uncategorised (8)